Feb 1, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter

 This morning I woke up with a full body salt craving and the first thing that came to mind was peanut butter. I started looking around the kitchen and having no luck I decided to make my own as the shops were still closed at 8 in the morning and I had everything I needed. Peanut butter is good in small amounts as it has great oils in the peanuts which are good for your body as well as the olive oil. This homemade peanut butter is much more healthier than the one in a jar, it still has quite a bit of fats but not as much and they're the good fats so you don't have to worry about all the animal fats which most are quite bad for you that are mainly found in jarred peanut butter. Not only this we don't used processed sugar or additives which are artificial and no good for your body. SO HERE IS MY AMAZING BETTER FOR YOUR BODY THEN JARRED PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE:

Ingredients:
100gr Salted Peanuts
2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil because that is what I had at home)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt (depends on how salted your peanuts are in the first place so try it before adding the salt)

In a blender add 75gr of the peanuts then the oil, honey and salt give it a good whiz till it's nice and soft. Give it a taste for salt then add the remaining 25gr a couple of short whizzes so that you have the crunchy peanuts with the soft creamy peanut butter, some blenders find it hard to do this so remove the butter and then whiz the remaining peanuts. When you have finished put it in a pot or container and VOILÀ you are ready to use.

When I finished I realized I had no Jam so I couldn't make my peanut butter and jam sandwich!, anyways peanut butter is delicious on some toast you don't need to have jam, (great now I want some jam!!!).

2 comments:

  1. Your homemade peanut butter looks creamy & delicious :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sometimes you have to go the extra mile to satisfy the craving. ;)

    ReplyDelete