Jan 14, 2011

Who am I ? And why all 5 senses?

I would like to present myself to all cooks and anyone who wants to learn. My name is Conchi and started to cook when I was very little I would always help my mum when she was in the kitchen and today I'm 20 and cook daily at home for my parents and little sister. I was born in Manchester, UK, and now I live in Granada, Spain because I'm half Spanish on my mother's side, so I'll do quite a few of great Spanish dishes which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

I was brought up in a family where food was always a star in our family reunions and in our daily life if we were not eating food we were talking about it.

I started to write it all down because firstly when I create a recipe I would like to redo it and enjoy it again. I also believe that food is meant to be shared and it is a great way to join people together.

I hope that with my recipes you learn a few things and enjoy cooking. I hope I can also teach you how to use my 5 rules that I have for creating a perfect match when it comes to cooking:
  1. Smell: have a good sniff of all your ingredients raw and while they cook, this is a perfect way to add new ingredients as you can smell what can go together and also what you feel like having (for example on my bad days I find that I put spicy ingredients in the food).
  2. Listen: when I say listen is that food talks (huh! food talking?) I  don't mean that they actually talk but all food sounds different some crackle, some crunch... Try mixing sounds something that crunches, with  something that squelches...
  3. Touch: have a feel of the different textures and mix it with the opposite.
  4. See: give it colour don't just leave it monochrome!!!
  5. Taste: from time to time have a taste while you cook and last off all enjoy eating it!
When you cook make sure that you check off each of the 5 senses and you will find that the food will be enjoyed no matter what it is.

OK that's out of the way lets start cooking!!

P.S. My name is Conchi although my blogger name is JemGriz this is because of the first ever musical i saw which was Cats (with the original cast in London in 1995), JemGriz is from two of the cats Jemima (who was played by Sarah Brightman) and Grizabella (played by Elaine Paige who I had the pleasure of sitting next to them when the play was finished and they did an encore).

No comments:

Post a Comment