Jan 23, 2012

Edinburgh, Scotland - Haggis

Hello foodies I have been out of it lately, I know just had so many things in mind that I haven't had the time to write to anyone let alone a blog. Why haven't I had the time to write? well between Uni and I am starting a choir from nothing so my head has been over flowing that my blogs and twitter accounts and any other social networks have been in complete stand still. Hopefully I can get back on track as I've got a new android phone and installed all the apps necessary for all the things I have to get back on track.

Anyways in May of last year I went to the gorgeous Edinburgh, Scotland with two of my best friends I can assure you they not very adventurous with food so they didn´t try the gorgeous Haggis.

What is Haggis? Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish. It is made of sheep´s pluck or insides, heart, liver and lungs, it is all minced with onions, suet and spices and mixed together with stock then stuffed into, traditionally, an animal stomach.
I know it doesn´t sound too tasty but give it a go, its like marmite you either love it or you hate it.

Haggis is normally served with neeps and tatties and a dram. No I haven´t gone crazy that is what they are called; neeps are mashed turnips, tatties is mashed potatoes and a dram is a good scottish whisky.
And that is what you call a Burns´ Supper which you would have on the 25 of January celebrating the life and works of Robert Burns. I didn´t have the wisky when I had my haggis in Scotland but I did have a nice pint of beer at 3 o´clock whisky is a bit too strong at that time.

So from me to all of Scotland have a great Burns Night!

I LOVE Scotland and I hope that you find time to visit and enjoy Scotland whenever you have a chance.

Also don´t forget to try the salmon, scottish salmon is probably the best salmon you can get.

And last of all enjoy Scotland me Lassies and Laddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment